Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Things Moms and Dads Would Never Say


Things Moms Would Never Say
:


  • How on earth can you see that TV sitting so far back?
  • Yeah, I used to skip school a lot, too.
  • Just leave all the lights on, it makes the house look more cheery.
  • Don't bother wearing a jacket, the wind-chill is bound to improve.
  • Let me smell that shirt. Yeah, it's good for another week.
  • Well, if Johnny's mom says it's OK, that's good enough for me.
  • I don't have a tissue - just use your sleeve.
  • Go ahead and keep that stray dog, honey. I'll be happy to feed and walk him every day.
  • The curfew is just a general time to shoot for. It's not like I'm running a prison around here.

Things Dads Would Never Say:

  • Well, how about that? I'm lost! Looks like we'll have to stop and ask for directions!
  • I noticed that all your friends have a certain "up yours" attitude -I like that.
  • You know pumpkin, now that you're 13, you'll be ready for unchaperoned car dates. Won't that be fun?
  • Here's the credit card and the keys to my new car - go crazy!
  • Your mother and I are going away for the weekend. You may want to throw a party.
  • No son of mine is going to live under this roof without an earring.Now quit your belly-aching and let's go the mall.
  • What do you want to get a job for? I make plenty of money for you to spend.
  • Father's Day? Aahh...don't worry about it...it's no big deal.

Cartoon Copyright Joan McCartney

No comments: